Topinambur contains dietary fiber called inulin. Inulin does not break down or absorb in the stomach, but it is moving in the intestine. Intestinal bacteria use it for the growth of bacteria that is associated with intestinal functions. During the studies, the fibers contained in the Jerusalem artichoke have been found to be prebiotic* and therefore useful in human gut microbiota.
Topinambur-apple juice has many useful feature:
- Supports weight loss
- Reduces sourness
- Stimulates metabolism
- Normalizes appetite.
- Contains important minerals
- Potassium, chromium and magneesium.
- Suitable for diabetics
- Low glycemic index (GI) (does not sicnificantly increase blood sugar levels)
The GI indicates the effect of carbohydrates on a person’s blood glucose (also called blood sugar) level. Foods with high GI will increase blood sugar level quickly.
Foods with carbohydrates that break down more slowly, releasing glucose more gradually into the bloodstream, tend to have a low GI (e.g topinambur powder). And this is the reason why feeling of fullness lasts longer.
- A good source of fiber
- Contains dietary fiber inulin
- Supports the digestive system
- Supports the blood vessels
- Supports overall health
- Fibers help to lower cholesterol levels and
- Reduce diabetes risk.
- Prebiotic* effect
- Useful in human gut microbiota
* Prebiotics are food ingridients that create „good enviroment“ for „good“ bacteria and for „bad“ bacteria they create „unfavorable enviroment“.
Using: Consume regularly, add to smoothies and purees. The recommended maximum daily dose is 250 ml. Open product must be consumed in one month.
Composition: 50% topinambur juice, 50% Apple juice. Organic farming
Nutrition facts per 100 g:
Energy 192 kJ/46 kcal
Total fats: 0 g
Carbohydrates 10,9 g, including sugars* 7,4 g
Protein 0,4 g
Sodium 0 g
* naturally occuring sugars